Moist, spongy and delicious with a hint of banana, this loaf is super easy to make and free from added sugars and gluten. The addition of grated courgette and chia seeds may seem a little unusual, but trust me, they work a treat together with PhD Woman Exercise Support protein powder. With a touch of cinnamon and vanilla, a slice of this would make a perfect snack to satisfy a sweet tooth or breakfast on the go!
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 large courgette, grated
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops PhD Woman Vanilla Creme Exercise Support protein powder
- 2 tbsp Kaizen Living chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp natural sweetener (I used Truvia)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Dash of almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees and lightly grease and line a loaf tin, silicone if possible.
- Mash the banana and whisk with the eggs and a dash of almond milk, along with the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, mix together with the coconut flour, protein powder, chia seeds, sweetener, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
- Stir in the wet ingredients and gradually fold in until mixed well, you want a thick, smooth batter-like texture.
- Pour into the tin, smooth the top evenly then bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until golden, risen and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then gently tip out onto a wire rack to cool completely – OR, if you really can’t wait, slice up and eat warm, YUMMY!