I thought I’d out some of my recent goodies from The Groovy Food Company to use in these super cute raspberry jam-filled coconut cookies. Another Valentine’s Day themed recipe (sorry!), these little treats are easy to make, gluten-free, dairy-free and suitable for vegans, making them a great edible gift for the loved one in your life.
- 1 cup oats (I used Flahavan’s porridge oats)
1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- 8 teaspoons raspberry jam (use no added sugar if possible – I use Tesco’s own)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor and whizz up until a flour has formed. Tip this into a bowl and mix in the dessicated coconut.
- Gently melt the coconut oil then set aside, allowing a few minutes to cool.
- Now pour this into the dry ingredients along with the agave, vanilla and milk and stir well to combine. Leave to stand for 10 minutes as the mixture will firm up.
- Using your hands, divide the mixture into about 8-9 balls. Use a medium round cookie cutter as a guide: Place on the baking sheet, spoon the mixture in and press down and form a thumb-print in the middle. Remove the cutter then gently shape with your fingers to create a round edge. Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
- Now gently place a small teaspoon of the jam in the cavity. Now bake for 10-15 minutes – be very careful not to allow the coconut to burn, so keep an eye on them! Remove from the oven and leave to cool as they will continue to firm up.
- Sprinkle over some freeze-dried raspberries and raspberry powder if you like – now you’re ready to enjoy!