A while ago it was a pleasure to create some recipes for Graham’s Family Dairy…And now it’s time for some new ones! First up is this delicious Valentine’s Day recipe, a light sponge filled with raspberries and topped with a beautifully (and naturally) coloured Quark frosting, this healthy bake would make an ideal treat for your loved one!
For the loaf –
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g instant polenta
- 50g almond flour (I used Sukrin) or ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g stevia (I used Truvia)
- 2 eggs (I used The Happy Egg Company)
- 200g natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I used LucyBee)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
For the pink frosting –
- 150g Graham’s Family Dairy Quark or (0% fat Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey (I used Meridian)
- 1 heaped teaspoon beetroot powder (I used Absolute Spice)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries, to decorate
- First make the loaf: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix together the ground almonds, instant polenta, almond flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the stevia, eggs, yogurt, melted coconut oil and vanilla until frothy, then pour this into the dry ingredients and mix to incorporate (don’t overmix!).
- Spoon half into the loaf tin then scatter over the raspberries on top in one layer.
- Now cover with the rest of the mixture, smooth out evenly and bake for about 40 minutes, until risen, golden and firm. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile make the frosting: Beat together the Quark, syrup/honey, beetroot powder and vanilla until smooth. Keep in the fridge until needed.
- When the loaf has cooled, turn out onto a board and spread over the frosting. Sprinkle over the freeze-dried raspberries – then slice up and serve!
Keep any remaining loaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.