For those of you who love a bit more of a treat, this a slightly more indulgent recipe for Easter – a twist on the classic Rocky Road. Using Jim Jam’s incredible no added sugar chocolate spread to combine a mixture of oats, fruits and nuts plus the added special Mini Eggs, this would make an awesome lower-sugar snack which would be ideal for adults and kids alike! No need to bake, simply mix everything together, chill in the fridge and slice up when that chocolate craving is calling!
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Meridian)
- 3 tablespoons nut butter (I used Meridian)
- 2 tablespoons Jim Jam’s Chocolate Spread
- 150g rolled oats (I used Quaker Oats – can use gluten-free)
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 6 tablespoons mixed chopped dried fruit (I used Urban Fruit dried strawberries and cherries)
- 4 tablespoons cashew nuts, chopped
- 4 tablespoons toasted coconut chips (I used Urban Fruit)
- 50g Mini Eggs, crushed
- Melted dark chocolate, to drizzle (optional)
- Gently melt the coconut oil, maple syrup, nut butter and chocolate spread.
- Mix together the oats, desiccated coconut and ¾ of the fruit, nuts and crushed Mini Eggs in a bowl.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and stir to combine and form a flapjack type mixture.
- Press into a lined 18cm round tin and press down evenly. Now scatter over the rest of the dried fruit, nuts and Mini Eggs and push in with the back of a clean spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Drizzle with melted chocolate (if you wish!) and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Now remove from the tin, place on a chopping board and cut up into slices – now devour!
Keep any remaining slices in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the fridge.