A while ago you have have seen these Superfood White Chocolate Bites I made working with the wonderful health food brand, Indigo Herbs, using a range of their organic products. With Easter coming up it only seemed right to create another chocolate-based recipe especially for this sweet celebration!
We wanted to keep the homemade white chocolate theme going (made simply from their Certified Organic and Vegan Approved Cacao Butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and stevia powders) with the superfood element for a healthy twist, so the result is these vibrant, pretty little melt-in-the-mouth treats. You can use whatever natural coloured powders you like and sprinkle with any kind of dried fruits and nuts – the beauty of this basic recipe is to adapt it to whatever floats your boat.
For the white chocolate –
- 250g Indigo Herbs cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons Indigo Herbs coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons Indigo Herbs maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Indigo Herbs stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon Indigo Herbs vanilla powder
For the green chocolate –
- 1 teaspoon Indigo Herbs Super Greens powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Indigo Herbs cacao nibs
- Indigo Herbs bee pollen
For the pink chocolate –
- 2 teaspoons raspberry or beetroot powder
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Indigo Herbs goji berries
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil then place a heatproof bowl on top to create a bain-marie. Break up the cacao butter into smaller chunks and allow to melt.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie then use a metal whisk to stir in the coconut oil to melt.
- Stir in the maple syrup, stevia and vanilla so everything is combined.
- Now divide the mixture equally into 4 bowls – add the Supergreen powder to one; beetroot/raspberry powder to one; turmeric to the other and leave the other plain. Make sure each one is whisked thoroughly to avoid lumps.
- Spoon some plain chocolate at the bottom of 6 silicone muffin moulds. Add a spoonful of the green chocolate to three; a spoonful of the pink chocolate to the other three. Spoon the turmeric mixture on top of the green then the rest of the plain over the pink – all should be about the same size.
- Sprinkle over the additions then place in the fridge/freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
- When you’re ready to serve, simply pop out and enjoy straight away!