When it comes to supplements, I’ve been religiously taking daily pregnancy-specific vitamins and minerals to make sure I’m getting enough of everything I need for my growing Baby. Although bee pollen is something that is often recommended during pregnancy, some advise against using bee products (even honey) as some worry it could cause allergies in the Baby – however nothing has been proven.
An opportunity came up with Unbeelieavble Health to create another recipe using their products which are formulated with plant based nutrients with proven benefits not usually found in a regular diet or multivitamin, making them a great way to boost your health no matter how well you eat. Not wanting to miss out, I thought about making something which my husband James would enjoy while also helping to boost his stamina for his gym workouts and hard days at work – and of course, building up his energy levels to prepare for lack of sleep when Baby arrives!
I’m a fan of Unbeelievable Health’s Bee Prepared immune formulas, and Bee Energised is the newest in their range. It recently launched in all Holland & Barrett UK and Irish stores so look out for it!
It’s a handy all-in-one formula combining the highest quality organic Bee pollen, organic matcha tea, organic spirulina, siberian ginseng, rose hips and loads more to boost energy & focus, without jitters & crashes (thanks to the l-theanine in the matcha), and benefits build with time. It’s a concentrated formula which is kind of nice, as when adding the capsule contents to smoothies, juices and raw recipes as it doesn’t really change the flavour or texture but adds in a nice healthy boost.
Energising Dad-To-Be Smoothie Bowl
So with that in mind, here’s a super simple but delicious smoothie bowl made up of fatigue-fighting ingredients.
- 1 large banana, frozen into chunks
- Large handful frozen blueberries
- 3-4 chunks of pineapple (canned, fresh or frozen)
- 3-4 chunks of frozen watermelon (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons blueberry concentrate
- 100ml coconut water
- Contents of 1 x Unbeelievable Bee Prepared Energy & Focus capsule
To decorate –
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- Pomegranate seeds
- Chia seeds
- Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender (carefully break open the Unbeelievable capsule and pour the contents in).
- Now whizz up until smooth and fairly thick.
- Pour straight into a bowl, decorate with your toppings then enjoy straight away and feel full of energy!