I’m really into anything with a smokey, rich BBQ flavour right now, so when Jack Daniels got in touch about working on a winter warmer recipe using their sauces, this came at the right time for my cravings. Available in five flavours, they are all the perfect addition to any cook’s store cupboard and work well in a range of dishes or served as an accompaniment to all kinds of meals:
With a rich caramel flavour, this makes it ideal to add a luxury twist to a bacon or sausage butty and a rich addition to gravy.
FULL FLAVOR SMOKEY
Rich and oaky with a warm hickory flavour. Enjoy as a dipping sauce with wedges, brush over chicken wings or use as a marinade for a hickory steak.
This Smokey Sweet Barbecue Glaze is perfect for generously coating meat, fish or vegetables for that distinctive Jack Daniel’s® Barbecue taste, or simply as a dip for wedges or wings.
EXTRA HOT HABANERO
Made with real Jack Daniel’s® Tennessee Whiskey, this unique recipe has been specially blended with habanero chillies to create a smokey flavour with a fiery hot kick. Perfect for turning up the heat on everyday foods.
HOT PEPPER STEAK SAUCE
Made with real Jack Daniel’s® Tennessee Whiskey, this unique recipe has been specially blended with jalapeno chillies to create a sweet flavour with a punch of heat. Perfect with grilled or BBQ red meats, burgers and sausages (and veggie alternatives) and a great way to spice up everyday favourite foods.
Right now vegetables like sweet potatoes, kale and red onions are in their prime so with this in mind, I wanted to create a tomato stew packed with these autumnal vegetables, chunky beans and sausages to compliment the Full Flavour Smokey Sauce – and what a delicious, warming dish it turned out to be!
- 4 x lean sausages (I used Debbie & Andrew’s Clean & Lean) – or use vegetarian ones like Quorn
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons mixed herbs
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper and salt
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniel’s Full Flavour Smokey BBQ Sauce
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 x carton passata
- 2 large handfuls shredded kale
- ½ can butterbeans, drained
- 1/2 can sweetcorn
- Cook the sausages in the oven according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile make the casserole: Heat the oil in a large ovenproof dish and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, herbs, seasoning, sweet potato chunks and Jack Daniel’s sauce and stir well – continue cooking for another 10 minutes until nice and caramelised.
- Now add the passata, kale, beans and sweetcorn and stir well. Place the lid on and bake for 30 minutes at 170 degrees until the sweet potatoes have softened.
- Slice the sausages up and stir in – now serve and enjoy!