For all you coffee lovers, if you haven’t already, you must check out the slick new Percol Coffee website. Full of inspiration, beautiful flatlays and more about the brand’s wonderful offerings, it’s an honour to be working with these guys on creating #IndulgingInnocently recipes every month!
With Christmas fast approaching (SAY WHAT) I thought I’d get the gold, glitter vibes going with this rich chocolate cake infused with Percol’s Classic Italiano Coffee and studded with chunks of seasonal pears. This could make a wonderful festive treat or simply a stunning dessert for an autumnal end to a meal.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used LucyBee)
- 75g dark chocolate (I used Raw Halo)
- 75g dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes (I used Whitworths)
- 75g cooked apples
- 100ml almond milk (I used Alpro)
- 2 teaspoons Percol Classic Italiano Coffee, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water then cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g oat flour (I whizzed up oats in my Nutri Ninja)
- 50g stevia (I used Natvia)
- 3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (I used Creative Nature)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
For the chocolate frosting –
- 50g melted dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond or cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon cacao/cocoa powder
- Dried pear crisps, to decorate (I used Nim’s Fruit Crisps)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Gently melt the coconut oil and chocolate and leave to cool slightly.
- Place the soaked dates, apples, almond milk, coffee, egg, vanilla and cooled melted chocolate in a blender or food processor and whizz up until smooth.
- Add in the oat flour, coconut sugar, cacao/cocoa powder, ginger and baking powder and whizz again to form a batter. Fold in the pears.
- Spoon out into the tin and smooth out evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until risen and firmed up. Leave to cool in the tin.
- Beat together the frosting ingredients then spread over the cooled cake. Decorate with pear crisps, slice and serve! I also sprayed over edible gold glitter for a special touch 🙂
Check out my other recipes working with Percol Coffee over here 🙂