As if I needed any kind of excuse to share another chocolate recipe… Thanks to Seed & Bean for a recent delivery, which included a bar of their sensational Raspberry & Vanilla White Chocolate, I thought I’d make use of pretty pink colour in a Valentine’s themed recipe.
Combined with a no-bake oaty base and a vibrant pink coconut layer, the creamy, sweet, berry-speckled bar makes a wonderful topping for these gorgeous, easy to make bites. Whip up for you loved one, for your girl mates, for people you love in your life – and I’m sure they’ll love you back for these!
For the base –
- 150g oats (I used Quaker)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
For the middle layer –
- 150g desiccated coconut (I used Whitworths)
- 2 teaspoons beetroot powder (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping –
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 x 100g bar Seed & Bean White Chocolate with Coconut & Raspberry, broken up into pieces
- Freeze-dried raspberries (I used Lio Licious)
- First make the base: Place the oats in a blender and whizz up to form a flour. Add in the maple syrup, melted coconut oil and milk and pulse again so you have an almost shortbread texture.
- Tip this into a lined 15x20cm and press down with your fingers in an even layer. Chill while you make the next layer.
- Place everything in a blender and process until the mixture comes together and is slightly sticky. Spread this over the base in an even layer to cover. Chill.
- Now gently melt the coconut oil and chocolate and pour over to cover the filling. Sprinkle over the freeze-dried raspberries then chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours until set.
- Remove from the tin and onto a chopping board. Cut into slices or pieces and enjoy!