In this latest recipe working in [paid] collaboration with The Protein Works, their Chocolate Fudge Fandango protein bar coupled with the loaded nut butter inspired me to go all out indulgent and create something which sounds like the thing of dreams: CHOCOLATE. BROWNIE. CHEESECAKE.
That’s right, a nutty raw brownie base topped with a creamy chocolatey cheesecake layer, finished off with pieces of the Loaded Bars around for an added crunch and extra boost of chocolate – because you can never have enough, right?! Not much prep needs to go into this which is a bonus and can be ahead if you’re serving it for something special. High protein, low in added sugar and insanely delicious, this one’s for all the chocolate and nut butter lovers out there (I’m sure that’s most of you!).
For the base –
- 120g rolled oats (Quaker)
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (Bioglan)
- 4 tablespoons The Protein Works Loaded Nuts Brownie Deep Choc Dive nut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
For the cheesecake part –
- 250g Quark or thick 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 50g dark chocolate (Montezuma’s)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (The Coconut Company)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
To decorate –
- 2 x The Protein Works Loaded Legends Chocolate Fudge Fandango bars
- Melted dark chocolate
- Cacao nibs
- First make the base: Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm loose bottom cake tin. Place all of the ingredients into a blender (I used my Ninja Kitchen Nutri Ninja) and pulse until the mixture comes together. Press into the tin with your hands and push down to form an even layer. Bake for 10 minutes then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile melt the dark chocolate, coconut oil and maple syrup then beat into the Quark until smooth.
- Once the base has cooled, spoon over the chocolate cheesecake mixture and smooth out evenly. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut up the Loaded Bars into small pieces and arrange around the edge of the cheesecake and in the middle. Drizzle over chocolate and sprinkle over cacao nibs. Slice and enjoy!
Fancy getting a 25% discount off Loaded Nuts (or Legends protein bars)? Simply use the code SPAMELLA when you get to the checkout! Enjoy <3