A super easy recipe using only SIX ingredients, these healthy bars are bursting with natural energy and tropical vibes. Thanks to a delivery from Dorset Cereals in celebration of the launch of their new gluten-free muesli range (hooray!), I thought I’d incorporate one of them into a simple recipe that all the family can enjoy.
These tasty bars can be enjoyed at any time of day and are great if you want something sweet – being packed with fibre, good fats and slow-release carbs too, they would make an ideal breakfast option or for a pre/post exercise snack. Feel free to switch up the muesli or add in other flavours like cinnamon or ginger or use a different type of nut butter – this is just a good basis to tailor and suit your taste!
- 250g Dorset Cereals gluten-free Tropical Muesli
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (I used Meridian Foods)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Dark chocolate, melted (I used Montezuma’s)
- Mix together the muesli and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup or honey then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a lined tin (I used a 9x9in one), spread out evenly and push in well using the back of a spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours to firm up. Cut into bars and remove from the tin. Drizzle over some melted dark chocolate, return to the fridge for 15 minutes then you’re ready to enjoy!