An oaty, nutty tart case filled with a rich, creamy chocolate mousse, topped with homemade white chocolate hearts and berries sprinkled on top…Ahh, an easy to make, stunning and delicious dessert that can be whipped up just in time for February 14th (or any other day of the year you fancy, let’s be honest!). I love this recipe because it’s so straightforward to make, can be made a few days in advance and looks so effective with not much effort. And eating it, well, that’s the best part!
For the base –
- 100g cereal flakes (I used Freee Cereal Flakes)
- 100g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 100g dates (I used Whitworths)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (I used Pic’s peanut butter)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used Buy Wholefoods Online)
For the filling –
- 1 x 350g silken tofu
- 2 scoops vegan chocolate protein powder (I used FreeSoul)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder (I used Bioglan)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the white chocolate hearts –
- 75g white chocolate (can be dairy-free), melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A few teaspoons dried rose petals (I used Polly’s Petals)
To decorate –
- Pomegranate seeds
- Freeze-dried purple berries (I used Lio Licious)
- More rose petals
- First make the tart case – Place the ingredients into a blender (I used my Ninja Kitchen Nutri Ninja) and whizz up well until broken down and the mixture comes together. Press into a 20cm loose bottomed tart tin – up the sides and across the bottom. Chill in the fridge.
- Place the filling ingredients into a clean blender and whizz up until thick and smooth. Spoon into the tart case and smooth. Chill for 4 hours.
- Meanwhile gently melt the coconut oil and white chocolate. Sprinkle a couple of dried rose petals into a small heart silicone mould tray then pour in the melted chocolate. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours to set – the pop out of the tray.
- Decorate the tart with the hearts, pomegranate seeds, dried berries and rose petals then remove out of the tin.
- Take out of the tin and cut into 8 slices and enjoy!