Use store-cupboard ingredients to make these easy, healthy and slightly more indulgent bars for an energy boosting snack (and to satisfy those chocolate cravings!). Great for kids to enjoy as well as adults at any time of day, you can use whatever dried fruit or nuts/seeds you have available.
For the base –
- 150g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 100g rice crispies
- 75g seeds of choice – I used pumpkin (Whitworths)
- 100g mixture of raisins and dried cranberries
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder [optional] (I used Free Soul)
- 75g solid coconut oil
- 25g peanut butter (I used Pic’s)
- 100g coconut sugar (I used Coco Fina)
- 100g maple syrup (I used Pure Maple)
For the topping –
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate (I used Seed & Bean)
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 50g granola, to decorate
- Mix together the oats, rice crispies, seeds, dried fruit and protein powder in a bowl.
- Gently melt the oil, peanut butter, sugar and maple syrup then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a lined 9x12in baking tin, spread evenly and pat down well. Chill in the fridge.
- Meanwhile melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with the dark chocolate. Spoon over the mixture to cover. Melt the remaining coconut oil with the peanut butter then drizzle over the top of the chocolate.
- Scatter over the granola then place back in the fridge for 3 hours to set.
- Remove from the tin and cut into 16 bars – enjoy!