When it comes to a baked cheesecake, this vegan-friendly one combines the delicious summery flavours of vanilla, blueberry and coconut in this stunning dessert, which can be made ahead and left in the fridge until ready to serve. Using a coconut-based product in a dessert or sweet baking recipe takes it to the next level and adds that extra creamy, sweet and nutty flavour – and including Nature’s Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk really adds a rich and creamy nutty hint, making it a wonderful dairy-free alternative.
For the base –
- 150g ginger biscuits (I used vegan gluten-free ones)
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
For the cheesecake –
- 1 x 250g dairy-free soft cheese (I used Nush)
- 175ml Nature’s Charm Evaporated Coconut Milk
- 40g sweetener (I used Total Sweet xylitol)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour (I used Dove’s Farm)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the blueberries –
- 100g frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Coconut chips, to decorate
- First place the biscuits and melted margarine into a blender and pulse until broken down. Press into a lined 20cm loose bottom tin and press down well.
- Next blend the cheesecake ingredients until quite thick and smooth then pour over the base. Bake at 160C for 30-40 minutes until set. Cool completely then chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile place the blueberries and maple syrup in a pan and simmer for 5 minutes until syrupy. Set aside to cool.
- Pop the cheesecake out of the tin, spoon the blueberries on top in the middle then scatter over coconut chips. Slice up and serve!