Right so these goodies really are a treat and a HALF. Inspired by a Bounty Bar (I know they can be controversial but seriously, chocolate and coconut? Match made in heaven!), in this easy no-bake recipe I’ve included a layer of raspberry jam for a burst of colour and added flavour. Vegan friendly, dairy and gluten-free and lower in sugar than its original counterpart, make a batch of these and keep in the freezer or fridge for when you want a chocolate or sweet fix.
For the base –
- 120g desiccated coconut (I used Whitworths)
- 50g coconut flour (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 50g oat flour
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 5 tablespoons coconut cream (I used Nature’s Charm)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chia jam –
- 200g frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
- 15g chia seeds (I used The Chia Co)
For the chocolate coating –
- 150g dark chocolate (I used Seed & Bean)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- First make the base: Pulse the ingredients until combined then press into a lined 9x9in tin in an even layer. Freeze while you make the jam.
- Place the berries and sugar or nectar in a pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the chia seeds, mix well and stand for 15 minutes then mash up.
- Spread this over the base in an even layer and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer then slice into bars then freeze for a further 30 minutes/1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil and dip each one into the chocolate to cover. Freeze again for 5 minutes – then enjoy!