If you’re a fan of the good old Bourbon biscuit, you’re sure to love these healthier, gluten-free, vegan and lower sugar (but just as delicious!) creations. According to Wikipedia, “The Bourbon biscuit is a sandwich style biscuit consisting of two thin rectangular dark chocolate-flavoured biscuits with a chocolate buttercream filling.” Which is exactly what these goodies are but made with good-for-you ingredients, including Bioglan’s rich Cacao Boost powder to add depth to that chocolatey flavour. Yummmmm 🙂
For the biscuits –
- 120g oat flour
- 100g ground almonds (I used Whitworths)
- 40g Biolgan Cacao Powder
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Clarks)
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil (I used The Groovy Food Company)
For the filling –
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut cream (I used Nature’s Charm)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Biolgan Cacao Boost powder
- Place the biscuit ingredients tino a blender or food processor (I used my Ninja Kitchen) and pulse well until combined and a dough has formed.
- Roll onto a floured surface and roll out. Using cookie cutters, stamp out about 16 biscuits (use up all of the mixture) and place on a lined baking tray. Bake at 180C for 6-8 minutes then leave to cool.
- Beat together the filling ingredients and keep in the fridge to firm up.
- When the biscuits have cooled, spread a little of the filling on top of half the biscuits then top with the others to create sandwiches. Enjoy!