Imagine this – a light, spongey cake combining the sweet, tropical flavours of banana and coconut, dotted with chocolate chips and topped with a creamy topping. This may sound delicious but far too calorific and unhealthy to enjoy…Well, not this recipe! Gluten-free and containing natural ingredients, including Big Tree Farms organic and unrefined coconut sugar and nectar, you can indulge innocently in this cake – perfect for any occasion, or if you just fancy a slice of cake and eating it, guilt-free!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Big Tree Farms coconut blossom nectar
- 2 tbsp Big Tree Farms coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 4 tbsp Big Tree Farms cacao nibs (unsweetened or sweetened – your choice!)
Topping: Quark or low-fat soft cheese, 2 tbsp Big Tree Farms coconut palm sugar, 1 tbsp cacao powder, a few more cacao nibs to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease and line a loose-bottomed cake tin.
- This is so simple – simply put all of the cake ingredients apart from the dessicated coconut and cacao nibs in a blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and gently fold in the coconut and nibs. Pour mixture into the tin, smooth out evenly and bake for 25-30 minutes, until risen and golden and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Mix together all of your topping ingredients until smooth and keep in the fridge until needed.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the cake from the tin and spread the topping evenly over the top. Sprinkle over some cacao nibs and voila, a wonderfully moist, tasty cake to enjoy completely guilt-free!