These cookies are so simple to make and taste outrageously good. Chocolate, banana and coconut go together like a dream so the combination of these oaty bites, packed with protein (thanks to Monkey Nutrition X-Blend powder), healthy fats and other totally clean ingredients make the ideal snack or breakfast on the go option!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 scoops Monkey Nutrition X-Blend Velvet Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (I used Kaizen Living)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom (or honey, agave syrup or coconut nectar)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and lightly grease a baking tray.
- Put the oats, coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, desiccated coconut and cacao nibs in a large bowl and stir well.
- Whisk the egg, mash the banana, and melt the coconut oil and Sweet Freedom together in a small pan.
- Add all of this to the flour mixture along with the vanilla extract and mix to combine – you should have a moist consistency.
- Place spoonfuls on the tray (you should have about 9 in total), shape into circles and press down gently with a fork to flatten. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and brown.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack – and eat while still warm or keep in an air-tight container for up to two days (if they last that long!).