These little bites of deliciousness came about from a random experiment, when I had half a can of chickpeas leftover. Blending them up to form a cookie dough, mixed together with a few of my favourite products with the addition of festive flavours like ginger and cranberries – and there you go, super simple, no-bake protein bites! You could use chocolate protein powder if you wish, but I find vanilla, ginger and peanut work so well together in these bad boys. Enjoy!
- ½ can chickpeas, drained
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla or salted caramel extract
- ½ cup peanut flour (I used Sukrin)
- 3 scoops vanilla whey protein (I used PhD Woman Exercise Support)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baobab powder
- 3 tbsp Sukrin Gold (brown sugar alternative)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries
- In a bowl mix together the peanut flour, whey protein, ginger, baobab powder, Sukrin Gold and dried cranberries.
- Place the chickpeas, milk and vanilla or salted caramel extract in a blender and whizz up well until you have a thick, smooth cookie dough texture.
- Spoon this into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together well, until a dough forms. You may need a little extra milk if it’s too dry – use as little or as much as you need to achieve the right texture.
- Divide the dough into 12 and roll each into even-sized balls. Refrigerate for at least an hour to firm up slightly.
- To decorate, I simply mixed together a little TRKG skinny syrup with some Kaizen Living cacao powder and drizzled over, then topped with a dried cranberry.
- Keep in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.