Here’s another recipe I created along with The Healthy Beard as part of our collaboration series. This time, these super easy raw chocolate bites stuffed with plenty of taste, crunch and natural sweetness! You can use whatever mixture of dried fruits, nuts etc you want – go crazy!
- 100g cacao butter (we used Indigo Herbs)
- 3 tablespoons date nectar (we used Beloved)
- 8 tablespoons cacao powder (we used Lucy Bee)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For our ‘rocky road’ –
- 4 handfuls salted popcorn, broken up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (we use Rise Organic)
- 1 x pack air-dried pineapple (we used Nim’s)
- 3 tablespoons dried blueberries (we used Cherry Active)
- 4 tablespoons raw chocolate mulberries (we used The Raw Chocolate Company)
- 3 tablespoons cranberry & seed mix (we used Good4U Nutrition Orange-infused mix)
- 2 tablespoons date nectar
To decorate –
- 2 tablespoons puffed millet
- 3-4 tablespoons freeze-dried raspberries (we got ours from Sainsbury’s)
- First make the chocolate: Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat then whisk in the cacao powder, 1 tbsp at a time until you have a slightly thick chocolate sauce.
- Whisk in the date nectar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Next pour about 1 teaspoon of the chocolate to cover the base of 12 silicone cupcake cases.
- Mix together all of your ‘rocky road’ ingredients so you have a sticky mixture. Place a spoonful of the mixture on top of the chocolate in each case.
- Now pour over the remaining chocolate sauce to cover each. Sprinkle with the puffed millet and freeze-dried raspberries then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- When you’re ready to enjoy, simply remove from the fridge and pop out the case!
Keep any remaining bites in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.