This has to be one of the easiest recipes on my blog for a delicious sweet snack packed full of goodness. Thanks to Creative Nature sending me some of their superfood goodies, this features their maca powder, chia seeds and goji berries combined with a date and nut butter caramel plus the light, crunchy texture of puffed rice. Make a batch and keep in the fridge or freezer for when sugar cravings strike – these are sure to satisfy a sweet tooth.
- 100g dates, soaked in hot water
- 4 tablespoons nut butter (I used Meridian cashew butter)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 1 teaspoon Creative Nature maca powder
- 1 tablespoon Creative Nature chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 30g puffed rice (I used Rude Health)
- 30g Creative Nature goji berries
- Drain the dates but keep the water. Place in a food processor along with the nut butter, maple syrup, maca powder and 3 tablespoons of the water. Blend well until a paste forms. Add a little more water if needed.
- Stir in the chia seeds, cinnamon, puffed rice and goji berries and mix well so everything combines and sticks together.
- Tip into a 20cm lined tin and press down firmly. Freeze for at least 2 hours – then when ready to serve, remove and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Keep any remaining slices in the freezer for up to 1 month or in the fridge for 1 week.