In the third part of my collaboration with wonderful superfood brand, Nature’s Heart Superfoods, this time it’s all about DESSERT. With summer just around the corner and after the heatwave we enjoyed recently, I wanted to keep the sunny vibes going and make some simple, colourful and healthy lollies! Bananas, berries, yogurt and the Omega 3 Superpowder (with Acai, Sacha Inchi and Coconut) combine to make a delicious creamy base, while a cacao coating topped with freeze-dried berries and cacao nibs adds the finishing touches. Enjoy at any time of day when it’s hot!
- 200g frozen berries
- 1 large banana
- 100g almond, soya or cashew yogurt
- 4 teaspoons Nature’s Heart Omega 3 Superpowder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
To decorate –
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Nature’s Heart cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons Nature’s Heart cacao nibs
- Freeze-dried berries
- Place the ice lolly ingredients into a blender and whizz up until quite thick and smooth. P
- Pour into 6 lolly moulds to fill the top then place the sticks firmly in. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Next melt the coconut oil and maple syrup then whisk in the cacao powder to form a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Remove the lollies from the moulds once firmed and place on a sheet of greaseproof paper. Dip the top of each one (or use a spoon to spoon over the top) into the chocolate mixture then sprinkle over the freeze-dried berries and cacao nibs. Repeat with each (the chocolate sets quickly so work fast!).
- Place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes then you’re ready to enjoy!