Always up for a blogger recipe challenge, I was recently approached by Bio-tiful Kefir-Quark to get involved in their latest campaign. The world’s first combination of bio-live Kefir and high-protein Quark, Bio-tiful Kefir-Quark combines two of the best and most nutritious dairy products, resulting in an abundant list of health benefits and a thick, creamy texture and clean taste. I’ve been using normal Quark for a long time, as a fat-free substitute for cream cheese in things like baked cheesecakes, as a thick and creamy topping for muffins, cakes and loafs, and simply served with berries and other fruits for a filling breakfast or dessert.
Choosing from a selection of recipes to re-create, I had my eye on the Kefir-Quark Crustless Cheesecake – “Impress your friends with this show-stopping cheesecake – rich and indulgent yet high in protein, packed with probiotics and kind to the waistline!”. Simple to make and great to make ahead as a dessert for others, I adapted the recipe slightly to make mini ones rather than one big cheesecake. You could use any berries or a selection to serve, whatever you prefer. I used frozen blackberries as my choice which worked really well with the 1 teaspoon of vanilla I added to the cheesecake mix, resulting in deliciously creamy little puddings of goodness!
• 500g Kefir-Quark
• 200g cottage cheese
• 2 large eggs
• 75g honey or maple syrup
• 2 tsp gluten free flour
• 150g blackcurrants
• 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 176°C and lightly grease a 6-hole muffin tin (use silicone if possible, it’s easier to remove when baked!).
- In a food processor or blender on low speed, blend together the Kefir-Quark and cottage cheese until smooth.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs together. Beat the eggs, maple syrup andflour into the Kefir-Quark mixture.
- Pour everything into the pan. Bake in the oven for about 1 hour, until thecheesecake is set.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the berries and honey and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow to cool before pouring on top of the cheesecakes.