Right guys – peanut butter lovers, I’m talking to you especially – I’m pretty excited about sharing this treat of a recipe with you in partnership with the wonderful Pic’s peanut butter once again! Imagine – gooey, dense, rich brownies topped with swirls of peanut butter and jam for extra taste and to totally wow those PB&J fans… Well, this recipe is for you! And what’s more, it’s relatively healthy and is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and contains no refined sugar (no one needs to know that, they taste so decadent) 😉 I wanted to share this in time for Macmillian’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning taking place on Friday 28th September – what better way than to bake, eat cake and help to raise money for a fantastic cause?!
- 100g oat flour
- 100g gluten-free flour
- 75g cocoa or cacao powder
- 100g coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g cooked apples
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Pic’s Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons no added sugar strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Place the oat flour, GF flour, coconut sugar, cacao/cocoa powder, baking powder and flaxseeds in a bowl and stir,
- Blend the cooked apples, coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a blender until smooth. Add to the bowl and stir to form quite a thick chocolate batter.
- Spoon this into the prepared tin to cover. Next spoon over the jam and peanut butter and use the end of a spoon or knife to swirl around.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firmed up. Leave to cool completely then cut into 9-12 squares and enjoy!