Spoon Cereals are a team of breakfast enthusiasts who produce delicious and healthy granola and muesli in the UK. Their venture began with a passion for making breakfast better – and as a result, became obsessed with making cereal that’s tastier, healthier, simpler and more exciting!
As a self-confessed granola addict (it’s too east to open a box and get through half of it in one sitting…ooops!), this collaboration opportunity was too good to miss, especially as many of the varieties contain no added or refined sugars, are made from wholegrains and packed with the good stuff:
Our cereals are made with high-quality, no-nonsense ingredients. We use wholegrain oats, natural flavours and absolutely no refined sugar to create cereal that’s high in fibre and good for your gut. This simple list of ingredients provides the brilliant base for our granolas and mueslis. Spoon cereal is delicious and nutritious.
I also love the unusual and interesting varieties – Cherry Bomb granola, with ground almonds, pumpkin seeds and a natural cherry hit, or the Berry Fix muesli, with three types of berries and a dusting of beetroot powder. There’s certainly one for everyone and it’s great to be sharing a recipe using one of my personal favourites, Cinnamon & Pecan. This makes a delicious crunchy and sweet toppings for these easy breakfast muffins that all the family can enjoy – especially if you’re in a rush in the mornings!
For the muffins –
- 2 large bananas
- 100ml almond milk (I used Aldi)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Clarks)
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (I used Pic’s Peanut Butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed + 4 tablespoons water (I used Linwoods)
- 150g oat flour
- 50g ground almonds (I used Whitworths)
- 50g coconut sugar (I used The Groovy Food Company)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Spoon Cereals Cinnamon & Pecan Granola
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Place the bananas, almond milk, maple syrup, peanut butter and vanilla into a blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Mix together the flaxseed and water in a cup or small bowl and leave for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add to the blender along with the flour, ground almonds, coconut sugar, baking powder and cinnamon and blend again until quite thick and smooth.
- Divide between the muffin holes to reach the top then scatter some granola over each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden. Enjoy while still warm!