Pancake appreciation post right here! Because February 16th 2021 is one of the best days on social media, particularly Instagram, for some serious food porn…That’s right, however you like to eat them, it’s all about PANCAKE DAY! Whether they are the fluffy American style ones, or the more delicate crepes, I just cannot (and will never get bored of) pancakes. I don’t actually make them that often throughout the year – madness, I know – but when the recipe is so easy (see below), there really isn’t an excuse not to!
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g oats (I used Mornflake)
- 10g cocoa or cacao powder (I used Bioglan Superfoods Cacao Boost)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
To decorate –
- Peanut butter (I used Mani Life)
- Crushed nuts
- Pieces of dark chocolate (I used Oh So Chocolate)
- Cacao nibs
- Honey or maple syrup (I used Fearne & Rosie honey)
- Place the pancake ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend well until thick and mostly smooth. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a nonstick pan then wipe around with kitchen roll. On a high heat, add 1 tbsp per pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form then gently flip over and continue cooking for 2-3 more minutes. Place on a plate and repeat until mixture has been used up.
- Stack the pancakes then drizzle with nut butter, syrup or honey and sprinkle over extras. Now enjoy straight away!