A recipe that combines a baked healthy brownie base topped with a creamy, coconut layer with a touch of extra dark chocolate and coconut on top = such a delicious, decadent dessert or treat when that sweet tooth / chocolate craving REALLY hits. I’ve worked with Nature’s Charm for this [paid] collaboration using their dairy-free, vegan evaporated milk make from coconut milk for a sweeter taste.
For the base –
- 100g gluten-free flour
- 50g coconut flour
- 30g cocoa powder
- 100g sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 200ml Nature’s Charm Evaporated Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the coconut layer –
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 100ml Nature’s Charm Evaporated Milk
- 100g desiccated coconut
To decorate –
- Melted dark chocolate, to drizzle
- Coconut chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Mix together the flours, cocoa powder, sweetener and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, milk and vanilla and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix to form a batter then spread out in the tin evenly Bake for 20 minutes until firmed up then leave to cool (keep in the tin).
- Melt the coconut oil then whisk with the syrup and milk, then stir in the coconut. Spread over the cooled brownie base to cover. Drizzle over the melted chocolate and sprinkle over the coconut chips.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours until firmed up. Pop out of the cake tin and cut into 8-10 slices. Enjoy!