Fluffy chocolate pancakes stacked up high, smothered with a thick chocolate sauce, sprinkled with coconut with an added chocolate coconut bar chopped up – yummy indeed! My eldest boy Thomas actually requested this flavour combination, so it was perfect to include a Bliss bar for extra indulgence and flavour.
- 90g plain or gluten-free flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 20g sweetener
- 200ml milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
For the sauce –
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Bliss Dark Chocolate & Coconut Bar, chopped
- Sift the flour, bicarb and sweetener in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg and milk and whisk well.
- Heat the pan with coconut oil and spoon 4 spoonfuls of batter, in separate pools, and cook for a few minutes on each side – flip over with a spatula!
- Whisk together the cocoa powder and icing sugar with a dash of milk to form a slightly thick sauce.
- Stack up the pancakes, pour sauce over and scatter over desiccated coconut, coconut chips and a chopped Bliss Dark Chocolate & Coconut Bar – enjoy!