Just in case you didn’t know, this week (25th April – Sunday 5th May 2019 ) is UK Coffee Week, where thousands of participating coffee shops, retailers and food service outlets fundraise for Project Waterfall – a charitable initiative bringing clean water, sanitation and education to coffee-growing communities across the world. Now if you’re a coffee lover aka addict like me then this might be something you can get involved in.
As well as drinking it, coffee is something I love to incorporate into all kinds of recipes – in this one, I’ve included it in this delicious pot of overnight oats for a more intense porridge, coupled the cacao to make it an even richer dish to really get the day going! Feel free to serve or add whatever you want, whatever your mood – I love how easy it is to throw together and simply grab from the fridge in the morning!
- 50g oats (I used Quaker)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder (I used Nature’s Heart Superfoods)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: Add 1 scoop vanilla or coffee protein powder (I used NutriStrength Smooth Coffee protein)
- 200ml milk of choice (I used Qwrkee unsweetened m’lk)
- 50ml brewed coffee (I used Beanies)
- 2 tablespoons maple or date syrup, or honey (I used Beloved)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Yogurt (can be dairy-free)
- Cacao nibs
- Flaked almonds (I used Whitworths)
- Mixed berries (I used Lio Licious)
- Place the oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds, cinnamon and protein powder (if using) into a bowl or kilner jar and mix well. Pour in the milk, coffee syrup or honey and vanilla and stir well.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning serve layered with yogurt and top with cacao nibs flaked almonds and berries. Drizzle with extra syrup and enjoy!