These squidgy, fudgey, rich chocolate muffins studded with juicy raspberries and partnered with crunchy macadamia nuts make a HEAVENLY snack. And I mean heavenly. I’ve recently come across a process of using aquafaba as the main liquid source coupled with liquid sweetener and nut butter to really give a light, spongey and fluffy result in bakes which is exactly what you want when it involves anything to do with a brownie!
Working once again in collaboration with Buy Wholefoods Online, it’s a pleasure to share this simple but incredibly delicious gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free snack / dessert recipe with you. Feel free to use different berries like strawberries or use almonds instead of macadamias. You could even add extra chocolate chunks to make it really indulgent. Go wild!
- Aquafaba (juice from 1 x can chickepas)
- 100g smooth cashew or almond butter
- 100ml raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 100g oat flour
- 100g macadamia nuts, whizzed up until ground
- 50g date sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g fresh or frozen raspberries
- Macadamia nuts, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 6-hole muffin tin.
- Place the aquafaba, nut butter, honey and vanilla into a food processor and blend for 1 minute until frothy and creamy.
- Add in the cacao or cocoa powder, oat flour, ground macadamia nuts, date sugar and baking powder and whizz again until you have a slightly thick batter. Stir in the raspberries.
- Spoon between the muffin holes and scatter over chopped macadamia nuts. Bake for 15-20 minutes until firmed up – they will still be a little soft. Leave to cool in the tin then enjoy!