Once again thanks to the powers of Twitter and my love for all things health, food and fitness, I came across the babe that is Sam aka @samantha_hadadi. Describing herself as an ‘Ex BBC journo, now freelance food & lifestyle writer. Over-tweeter, fitness freak, protein chef, shopaholic’, Sam sounded like my kinda girl.
I have since then really enjoyed her tweets and drool-inducing photos of her fabulous protein-packed food creations – honestly, her Instagram account is even more mouth-wateringly good for fellow health junkies. I was absolutely delighted then, when Sam agreed to share one of her fabulous recipes on my blog…this one certainly does not disappoint when it comes to a naughty but totally guilt-free option! Over to you, Sam…
If I could, I honestly think I’d spend all day every day eating Nutella straight from the jar. Perhaps every now and then, I’d throw in a 3-Ingredient Nutella cookie (one cup of Nutella, one cup of flour and an egg…seriously, try this!), but my real guilty pleasure is eating that chocolatey goo by the spoonful.
Sadly, Nutella really isn’t all that good for me. And although the adverts tell me it’s full of goodness, it really isn’t great on those abs, either.
Thankfully, my addiction is currently very happy indeed. You see, I’ve managed to recreate my own healthy Nutella. Healthy, PROTEIN-PACKED Nutella. Oh yes! And somehow, it manages to taste even better than the sugary, processed kind.
If you’re a nut butter fiend like me, you’re going to love this stuff. Make it by the bucketload because it will be gone in minutes!
Homemade Protein Nutella
- 200g roasted, chopped (and skinless) hazelnuts
- 3-4 tbsp raw cacao (to taste)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
- 70-100ml cartoned hazelnut or coconut milk (depending on how runny you like it)
- 1 tsp stevia
- Pinch sea salt
1) Blitz the nuts in a high-powered blender until they start to form a nut butter like texture. Then add in the cacao, coconut oil, whey protein, 70ml of the milk and the salt and stevia. Continue to process until smooth, adding more milk or cocoa if you like.
2) Pour into airtight containers and store in the fridge. Spread on toast or eat straight from the jar!
Coming soon…Sam’s ebook
This is just a taster of some of the super tasty but super-healthy goodies created by Sam. If this has whetted your appetite and you want to see more, look out for Sam’s ebook, out very soon and featuring around 60 healthy recipes (breakfasts, lunches, dinners, sweet treats and protein snacks). Look out on Twitter @SpamellaB for updates!