This was actually the first time I had made cookies in a long time, especially gluten-free, high protein ones! I was delighted at how these turned out – very soft on the inside but deliciously crispy on the outside, while the combination of unsweetened dried cherries, Creative Nature maca powder and almond/vanilla was heavenly. Full of protein and healthy fats, these sweet treats are my new favourites!
- ½ cup of ground almonds
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 2 tbsp Creative Nature maca powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ⅓ cup of Natvia
- 50g dried unsweetened cherries, chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
1) Put the dry ingredients in a bowl, including the cherries. Whisk the almond extract, eggs and coconut oil in a bowl then add to the rest of the ingredients, mixing well until all combined and it forms a soft dough, not too stick or too dry.
2) Divide the mixture into 6-8 balls, roll and press onto a greased baking tray, flattening them out a little. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 190 degrees C, until golden and risen slightly.
3) Leave to cool, the dough will be soft but will firm up – enjoy while warm though!