I must admit, I’m not the biggest fan of dried fruit, especially dates! Most raw health food bars contain them which usually puts me off; I find them too rich, sweet and fibrous. However with such wonderful superfood ingredients from Creative Nature – maca and hemp seeds – I wanted to create naturally sweet, bitesize balls of energy, so I made some using dried apricots instead!
- 150g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Creative Nature hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp Creative Nature maca powder
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 25g ground almonds
1) Put the apricots and cinammon in a small pan with a dash of water and simmer for about 10 minutes until softened, then leave to cool.
2) Blend the apricots in a food processor until smooth, then add to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients – mix well until all combined.
3) Divide the mixture into 7-8 and roll into balls, pop onto a lined baking tin then freeze for about 1-2 hours.
4) When ready to eat, remove from freezer and keep refrigerated. Enjoy!