Twitter and Instagram, as always, is the reason I came across Beki Vallance’s wonderful blog packed full of protein-rich, creative treats. After following her motivational tweets and drool-inducing Instagram photos for a while and also striking up plenty of health food and fitness related chatter, we decided to club together and share a recipe on each of our blogs.
Beki’s recipes are easy to follow, beautifully photographed and incorporate ingredients I regularly use so it was only natural that our creative brains fitted each others’ ethos. It was a pleasure for Revallance to host my Banana & Pecan Protein Loaf with Chocolate Frosting recipe…
…And it’s with reciprocated excitement that below is her delicious sounding creation – take it away, Beki!
Cashew & Coconut Protein Cookies
If you read my blog then you will know that I am a nut butter addict, just like Pamela. My cupboards are bursting with different flavoured nut butters and I really wanted to try and create a delicious protein cookie using one of my many nut butters and without using oats. I bought Quinoa Flakes when I visited Wholefoods in London and I haven’t used oats since. They are an amazing gluten free alternative to oats and now I use them in everything! This is a perfect combination. And I promise you, if you make this recipe the final product will not disappoint.
It’s the first time I’ve made these cookies and they turned out beautifully ☺ They were crisp around the edges and gooey in the middle, the drizzled chocolate gave it a slight bitterness that worked really well with the creamy and sweet cashew flavour.
Let’s get baking!
- 100g Hognuts Coconut & Cashew Butter
- 110g Meridian Cashew Butter
- 45g Organic Quinoa Flakes
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 25g Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 70g Biona Organic Maple Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- 1 Square 85% Lindt Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Flakes
(Makes 10 cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, take a small handful of the dough and roll into a ball.
- Once you’ve rolled out 10 dough balls, press down with your thumb in the middle to flatten it out slightly.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until they start to turn a beautiful golden brown colour.
- Whilst your cookies are cooling, melt your square of dark chocolate. Sprinkle a couple of pieces of coconut flakes in the middle of your cookie and drizzle the dark chocolate over the top.
- Let the chocolate set & store them in an air tight container and consume within 4-5 days.
Make sure you follow Beki on Twitter and Instagram for more healthy foodie updates – her posts are sure to make you drool! 🙂