There are so many combinations when it comes to making brownies: chocolate chips, raspberries, beetroot, nuts, cherries…I thought I’d go with the latter for these protein-rich ones infused with the new Choc Shot Coconut flavour. Oh hello!
‘The liquid chocolate revolution’ product made from Sweet Freedom (apple, grape and carob extract), water, cocoa, rapeseed oil and natural chocolate flavour, I featured this miracle product a while ago on my blog. With two new flavours (an Orange Spice one too), let me just warn you that these tubes of natural sweetness can be addictive.
But that’s ok because not only are they 100% natural and made with no artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives, are suitable for vegetarians and vegans and are GM, dairy and gluten-free, with only 14 calories per teaspoon and with a low GI score, you can still enjoy a rich chocolate fix but without the calories and nasties!
So without further ado, let me introduce these delicious #IndulgingInnocently brownies…
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup chocolate protein powder (I used Monkey Nutrition whey isolate ‘Velvet Chocolate’)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ can unsweetened cooked apple slices
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp Choc Shot Coconut
- 75g unsweetened dried cherries (I used Urban Fruits)
- Extra Choc Shot (Original or Coconut)
- Preheat to oven to 190 degrees C and grease and line a baking tray with coconut oil and grease proof paper.
- Place the flours, protein powder, cacao powder, dessicated coconut and baking powder in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place the egg, apple slices, vanilla extract and milk in a blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Heat the coconut oil and Choc Shot in a small pan until melted. Pour this into the dry mixture along with the pureed apple mixture and dried cherries and stir well, being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes (you may need to cover with foil halfway) until risen and cooked through.
- Leave for 10 minutes then slice up until 12 with a knife, then leave to cool completely. To decorate, squeeze over some extra Choc Shot in a pattern then remove the slices and serve up!
Want to try Choc Shot yourself? Available in Original, Coconut and Orange Spice flavours, check out the website to find out where to buy. Don’t forget to follow them on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram too!