My recipes probably give away the fact that I have sweet tooth, but being so health conscious, I really do make it my mission to create ‘clean’ versions of usually naughty treats.
In this case, I’m taking on FUDGE. A combination of chocolate, vanilla and peanut, you’ll be pleased to know this is a very simple, easy and protein-packed creation, thanks to the addition of PhD Woman Exercise Support protein powder. Use whatever mold you want – I went for hearts but it’s totally up to you! Enjoy.
Chocolate layer –
- 2 scoops PhD Woman Exercise Support Chocolate Cookie whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao (I used Kaizen Living)
- 2 tbsp chunky peanut butter (almond, hazelnut or cashew butter would also work amazingly) – I used Whole Earth sunflower, pumpkin & flaxseed peanut butter
For this part, simply mix together all of the ingredients and enough cold water to form a soft dough – you don’t want it to be sticky or crumbly, but somewhere in the middle.
Vanilla layer –
- 1 scoop PhD Woman Exercise Support Vanilla Creme whey protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp powdered peanut butter (I used Hale Naturals, sweetened with stevia)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Mix together the protein powder and peanut butter powder with the vanilla extract and enough cold water to form a thick paste – you don’t want it to be runny.
Now here’s how to assemble the fudge: I used 4 medium sized heart-shaped silicone molds, but it’s totally up to you depending on what you have and your preference.
Press half of the chocolate peanut mixture evenly into the bottom of your mold(s) or tin(s) with your fingers, making sure the base is covered. Spoon over the peanut vanilla mixture, then press the rest of the chocolate dough on top to cover.
Leave in the freezer for at least 2 hours, then when you’re ready – remove about 5 minutes beforehand and pop out if you’ve used small individual ice cube molds, or slice/chop up if you’ve used a larger one. Now enjoy – and keep the rest in the freezer for when you’ve got a sweet tooth to satisfy before you reach the biscuit tin!