Following on from my post featuring my homemade spiced mincemeat recipe, here’s a healthy, gluten-free and vegan-friendly twist on the standard mince pie. These no-bake tartlets are so simple and easy to make, and are a great alternative for those who want a more innocent version of these festive treats.
For the mincemeat –
Check out this blog post for my easy, homemade low-sugar spiced mincemeat
For the no-bake pastry –
- 1 cup Sukrin almond flour
- ⅓ cup ground almonds
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 2 tbsp date nectar (I used Beloved)
- Dash of vanilla or almond extract (depending on preference)
- 25g creamed coconut, softened (but not melted)
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, ground almonds, desiccated coconut and cinnamon.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small pan on a low heat, then pour this into the mixture along with the date nectar, vanilla or almond essence and creamed coconut.
- Use a metal spoon to mix well so it binds together to form a soft dough. Roll it into one ball and keep in the fridge until needed.
- Now you need a 6-tin metal muffin tray. Divide the mixture between them, pushing it in evenly to cover each one on the bottom and up the sides. Chill until needed.