Another strawberry recipe, because it’s (supposedly) summer and Wimbledon is in full swing! I’m extra excited about this recipe, not only because these muffins are so bloody delicious and include my favourite raw, vegan-friendly chocolate from the Conscious Chocolate guys… But also because the lovely Chyaz made a video of this recipe over on her YouTube channel! Give it a watch below…
Here’s the original recipe 🙂 Hope you like them as much as Chyaz and I!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour (I used Sukrin)
- 3 tablespoons flaxseeds (I used Linwoods)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup coconut sugar (I used The Coconut Company)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, cut into chunks
- 1 x 50g bar vegan raw chocolate (I used Conscious Chocolate Orange)
- 1 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I used LucyBee)
- To drizzle: more melted dark chocolate or Choc Shot (the orange variety is incredible!)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and lightly grease 6 muffin tins.
- Stir together the flours, flaxseeds, baking powder, orange zest, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Cut up the chocolate into small chunks, then stir in along with the strawberries and mix to coat in the dry ingredients.
- Pour in the coconut or almond milk, vanilla extract, orange juice and melted coconut oil and gently fold in until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin tins to reach the top, then bake for about 15-20 minutes, until risen, golden and cooked through.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle over your chocolate then tuck in!
Save any remaining muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.