Here we go, another recipe using Coyo’s incredible dairy-free, vegan-friendly coconut yogurts – this time I’m using the Cherry variety in this super easy summer-themed recipe. Love chocolate? How about cherry? This combo works perfectly in these frozen ‘raw cheesecake’ treats. Simply make ahead, cut into chunks, then pop out the freezer when chocolate cravings hit or you want to cool down with something sweet (without all the added sugars)…
For the chocolate base –
- 1 cup oat flour (use gluten-free oats if needed)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (I used Sukrin)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (I used Kaizen Living)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Coconut Company)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or Sweet Freedom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cherry filling –
- 2 x tubs Cherry Coyo
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla OR almond extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (I used The Coconut Company)
- 1-2 tablespoons stevia (I used Truvia)
For the raw chocolate drizzle –
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or Sweet Freedom
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Dried rose petals, to decorate
- First make the base – Mix together the oat flour, coconut flour and cacao powder in a bowl. Gently melt the coconut oil and chosen syrup, then pour into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla.
- Stir well to combine and form a dough. Press this into a small rectangular tin lined with greaseproof paper, keep chilled.
- Next make the filling – simply place the ingredients in a blender and whizz up until thick and smooth. Pour over the base then freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Now for the chocolate drizzle – simply melt the coconut oil and chosen syrup over a gently heat, then whisk in the cacao powder to form a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Remove the tin from the freezer 5-10 minutes beforehand to defrost a little. Use a sharp knife to cut into chunks, then drizzle some chocolate over each and quickly scatter over some rose petals (the chocolate dries quickly). Now enjoy!
Keep remaining bites in the freezer for up to 1 month and pop out 5-10 minutes before eating.