Have you heard of Snact? They make ‘snacks from surplus produce…We turn that surplus into healthy snacks that contribute to one of your five a day.’ Fruit jerky make from 100% dried blended fruit which counts towards your five a day, is vegan friendly, gluten-free and contains no additives or preservatives. You may have seen my recent recipe I created for the brand – Blueberry, Apple & Banana Energy Bars.
So here’s my second one, a super easy and deliciously spiced cookie recipe using the Apple & Mango variety. The ginger and cardamom work wonderfully with coconut to create these tasty snacks when your sweet tooth is calling out for you!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 x packet Snact Apple & Mango Fruit Jerky
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or Sweet Freedom
- Extra dried mango + coconut chips to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a baking tray.
- Mix together the oats, desiccated coconut, coconut flour, cardamom and ginger in a bowl.
- Chop the fruit jerky into very small pieces and stir into the dry ingredients.
- Melt the coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup/Sweet Freedom in a small pan, then remove from the heat.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine and it sticks together a little. Divide into about 9-12 cookies and press down onto the tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until golden, then leave to cool so they firm up a bit more. Then sprinkle over the coconut chips, decorate with a slice of dried mango and drizzle with a little more maple syrup/Sweet Freedom.