Although we’re craving warmer things now autumn is here, I couldn’t resist whizzing up these no-bake, raw treats and keeping them in the freezer when chocolate cravings strike. Oh and just so you know, as I’m posting this it HAPPENS to be National Chocolate Week, so great timing 😉
An almond butter base made with the incredible Jungle Butter Vanilla Sea Salt topped with a rich chocolately fudge layer using Lucy Bee Fair Trade Organic cacao powder, you can use whatever choice of milk* but I tried Halo Coco‘s delicious, naturally sweetened Vanilla & Coconut drink which worked amazingly. I also added some Panda Vita Organic Baobab Powder which is totally optional but it boosts the vitamin C, fibre and natural energy content. Bonus!
I can honestly say these are one of the easiest but most innocently indulgent treats you’ll make! Enjoy…
For the base –
- 3 tablespoons almond butter (I used Jungle Butter Vanilla Sea Salt)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Freedom (or maple syrup)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons almond flour (I used Sukrin) or ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the chocolate fudge topping –
- 1 large banana
- 2 tablespoons almond or coconut milk* (I used Halo Coco)
- ½ avocado
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao powder (I used Lucy Bee)
- 1 tablespoon baobab powder (I used Panda Vita) – optional!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons Sweet Freedom (or maple syrup)
- Line a tupperware box with greaseproof paper.
- First make the base: place the almond butter, coconut oil and Sweet Freedom in a pan and gently melt.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, almond flour/ground almonds and cinnamon. Stir well to combine, then press evenly to cover the base of the tub. Freeze while you make the topping.
- For the topping, simply place all of the ingredients in a blender (I use my trusty Nutri Ninja Auto IQ) and whizz up until quite thick and smooth.
- Pour this over the base to cover, spread out evenly and scatter some cacao nibs on top. Now freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove from the freezer, gently lift out using the greaseproof paper and slice into bars/squares. Now enjoy!
Keep any remaining slices/squares in a container in the freezer for up to 1 month.