Calling all food lovers – have you heard of Tabl? It’s an online marketplace for independent artisan food and drinks, including everything from coffee beans to truffles, superfood granola to booze-infused jams. Yep, there’s something for all tastes and dietary requirements!
I’ve teamed up with the brand to launch a competition YOU can get involved in. My first challenge was to re-think a traditional Christmas recipe using a few ingredients I was sent from Tabl, which were:
- Christmas Pudding Jam from This Is My Jam
- Indulgent Nut Butter from Nut Blend
- 53% Dark Chocolate Signature Hot Chocolate Spoon from Cocoba [note: I didn’t use this in my recipe]
With mince pies being the theme, check out the recipe below for my low sugar, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan friendly version below.
For the pastry –
- 1 + ½ cups oat flour – whizz up oats in a blender (I used Mornflake gluten-free)
- ½ cup ground almonds or almond flour (I used Sukrin)
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 3 tablespoons Nut Blend Almond Butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or date nectar (I used Beloved)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (I used Lucy Bee)
For the filling –
- 220g mincemeat / jam filling (I used This Is My Jam Christmas Pudding Flavour)
- Grease 6 muffin tins well with oil.
- Place all of the pastry ingredients in a food processor (I used my Ninja Kitchen Auto IQ) and blend until a dough forms. Save a little of the mixture for the top, then divide the rest into 6. Use your fingers to push the pastry into each muffin tin and mould around the bottom and up the edges.
- Now spoon in some of the filling to reach just the top.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry and cut out some little Christmas shapes to go on top – place each one in the middle on top of the filling.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Leave to cool and firm up, then run a knife around each and carefully remove from the tin. Enjoy!
Fancy winning £100 of Tabl vouchers?
Now it’s your turn to get creative and submit YOUR version of a traditional festive recipe! All you need to do is tag me and Tabl in your images on Instagram and/or Twitter, using the hashtag #ChristmasTabl and make sure you follow us both: Tabl Twitter and Instagram, SpamellaB on Twitter and Instagram.
The winner will not only WIN £100 of Tabl vouchers but the recipe will also be shared on Tabl’s social media channels, resulting in loads of exposure for you and your creation.
WINNER: I’d like to say a big WELL DONE to Abi aka Maple and Muffins for her beautiful Raw Christmas Pudding Balls recipe, what a fantastic (and healthy!) twist on the classic festive treat!