You may have seen our Chai Poached Pear & Coconut Loaf recipe – now it’s time for another healthy festive recipe created by fellow blogger, The Healthy Beard and I. A delicious combination of dried apricot and cranberry chunks and a light almond sponge results in a taste of Christmas, plus made in a Bundt cake tin makes it look even more spectacular! As with our other recipes, this is gluten and dairy-free, contains no refined sugar and is vegan friendly. Let’s get baking!
For the cake –
- ½ cup ground almonds or almond flour (we used Sukrin)
- 4 cups oat flour (we used Quaker gluten-free oats and whizzed up in a blender to make our own flour)
- 1 cup coconut sugar (we used The Coconut Company)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds (we used Linwoods)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups almond milk (we used Rude Health)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup (we used Meridian Foods)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (we used The Groovy Food Company)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (we used Whitworths)
- 1 + ½ cups dried apricots, chopped (we used Whitworths)
For the decoration –
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar (we used Sukrin zero icing for a sugar-free version!)
- Dash of almond milk
- Extra dried cranberries and dried apricots
- Flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a large bundt tin.
- Mix together the ground almonds/almond flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, flaxseeds, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl.
- Now pour in the almond milk, almond extract, maple syrup, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar and fold in to form a batter.
- Stir in the dried fruit to combine.
- Spoon this into your bundt tin and smooth out evenly. Bake for a total of 40 minutes until risen, golden and a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool, then turn out onto a serving plate.
- Mix together the icing sugar with the almond milk and enough water to form a drizzling consistency.
- Spoon into a piping bag then drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Scatter over the extra dried fruit and almonds, then slice and serve!
Keep any remaining cake in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Check our our other joint recipes here and follow The Healthy Beard on Instagram and Twitter for tasty vegan updates 🙂