As much as baking your own healthy snacks can be enjoyable and rewarding, sometimes we just don’t have the time to find a decent recipe, buy the ingredients or even bake them. That’s why the popularity and availability of healthy baking mixes has increased over the past few months (from what I’ve noticed); you can now get your hands on everything from raw energy balls to superfood muffins, paleo cakes and even mood-boosting cookies.
Here I’m focusing on a vegan Finest Belgian Chocolate Cookie Mix from Ramaya’s Bakery, ‘manufacturing healthy snacks and supplying nature’s finest wholefoods’. Containing no wheat, dairy, eggs or soy, this mix is simply made from:
- Sunflower seeds
- Dark chocolate (cocoa mass (72%), sugar cocoa butter, vanilla powder)
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut chips
- Raw cacao
As far as cookie mixes go, it’s great to see just natural, ethically sourced ingredients which have been minimally processed plus in terms of nutritional value this mix is naturally high in:
- PROTEIN – Needed for the growth and maintenance of muscles and bones
- FOLIC ACID – Helps to boost your immune system
- SELENIUM – Great for maintaining healthy skin and nails
- IRON – Combats fatigue and tiredness
- VITAMIN E – A powerful antioxidant
- POTASSIUM – Benefits the functioning of nervous system, muscle function and blood pressure
- COPPER – Assists the normal functioning of the nervous and immune systems
- ZINC – An antioxidant which helps to boost hair, skin and nails
- OMEGA 3 – Maintains healthy cholesterol levels
Let’s get baking!
All you need to do is tip the contents of the packet into a bowl and add water to form a dough, leave for 10 minutes, shape into cookies (makes a minimum of 12) and bake. You couldn’t get much more simple than that! Even better, once you have baked the cookies you can keep them in an airtight container for up to two weeks – if they last that long!
So what’s the verdict on the finished result? Just how a cookies should be – slightly crunchy on the outside, soft in the inside and packed full of flavour. The mix contains generous amounts of chocolate chunks so each cookie is sure to satisfy any cravings without being overly sweet or rich. These taste like homemade (which they kind of are, I guess) and would make a perfect mid morning or afternoon snack, a post-workout refuel or even sandwiched together with nut butter or banana ‘ice cream’ as a dessert and drizzled with extra raw chocolate…NOM!
Give it a go – and get 10% off!
Head over to the website to get yours and use the code: spamellab to get 10% off (regardless of spend) until 31st December 2016, plus it’s free delivery throughout December too making it a great saving. Great idea for a stocking filler!