Let’s make a delicious, no bake recipe for Easter using…Perkier bars! In case you haven’t heard of them, in a nutshell they are tasty, gluten, dairy and wheat-free with no refined sugar and vegan friendly snack bars ideal for on the go. Now with six varieties in the range, there’s something for all tastes – plus they are ideal for incorporating into healthy recipes! Check out some of my creations and ideas over here.
So let’s get onto these chocolatey treats: Fruit, nut and quinoa tartlet cases filled with a chocolate ganache and topped with superfood coloured marzipan eggs and some made from the bars. They can be made in advance and enjoyed as part of Easter celebrations – healthier but just as tasty, bonus!
For the nests –
- 4 x Perkier Bars – use whichever varieties you want, I used 2 x Cacao & Cashew, 2 x Cashew, Chia & Pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I used The Coconut Company)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (I used Jake’s Boost Cacao Boost)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (I used Indigo Herbs)
For the chocolate filling –
- 1 x 44g bar raw vegan chocolate (I used The Raw Chocolate Company Vanoffee bar)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder (I used Bioglan)
For the eggs –
- 75g ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon each: beetroot or raspberry powder, turmeric, green superfood powder (I used Bioglan)
- 2 x Perkier Bars* – again use whichever variety you prefer, I used Goji & Cranberry
- First make the tart cases: Break up the Perkier bars and place them into a Ninja Kitchen blender. Whizz up until broken down.
- Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and nut butter, then pour this into the blender along with the cacao and whizz up again until the mixture all comes together.
- Divide between 6 muffin moulds (silicone is ideal!) and press in to cover the base and up the sides to create mini tarts. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up.
- For the chocolate filling simply melt the chocolate with the coconut oil then whisk in the cacao powder until smooth and glossy. Spoon a little in the middle of each tart.
- Now make the eggs: Mix together the ground almonds and maple syrup then divide into 3 – to each add the different powders. Mix each one well then roll into mini eggs.
- Break up each Perkier bar into 4 equal pieces then mould into eggs (* The bars are easier to mould when at room temperature).
- Remove the tartlets from the tin then top with a mixture of the eggs. Now enjoy!
Keep any remaining tartlets in the fridge for up to 3 days.
FANCY WINNING EVERYTHING TO MAKE THESE?
You heard that right – because it’s Easter, we’re feeling generous and would love to give YOU the chance to give this recipe a go yourself! Thanks to the lovely brands mentioned you’ll be able to WIN everything mentioned (plus a few more goodies thrown in there) including a Ninja Kitchen blender AND your own personalised nut butter jars from the lovely people at Jake’s Boost!
To enter go check out my Instagram post and get involved! Good luck 🙂