If you’ve got a sweet tooth like me but avoiding dairy, gluten or soya – or you might be vegan – this is where The Coconut Collaborative come in, offering their new ‘Little Temptations’ dessert range. Made with coconut milk, I was kindly sent the Lemon variety to try and wow – if you’re a fan of lemon curd or anything along those lines, you’re going to fall in love with these mini pots of joy!
Thick, creamy, smooth and zesty, although only small they pack a flavour punch and the richness means you’re satisfied after one serving – which is great, considering they are only 125 calories per pot. These would make an ideal light refresher after a meal, particular in summer.
I thought I’d use these pots to create these easy but incredibly delicious treats, used as a topping over a gluten and dairy-free shortbread biscuit base and topped with berries plus a cheeky drizzle of white chocolate. Heavenly is the word to describe these!
For the shortbread –
- 75g ground almonds or almond flour
- 75g rice flour (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 40g stevia (I used Natvia)
- 60g dairy-free spread (I used Pure Free-From)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons water
For the lemon cream –
- 4 x The Coconut Collaborative Little Temptation Lemon pots
For the topping –
- Mixed berries (fresh or frozen – defrosted)
- 50g white chocolate (can be dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee)
- Freeze-dried raspberries (I get mine from Sainsbury’s)
- First make the shortbread base: Mix together the flours and stevia together in a bowl. Use your fingers to rub in the spread to form breadcrumbs then add vanilla and water to create a dough. Press into a lined 9x9in tin evenly. Bake for 15 minutes at 170 degrees until golden then leave to cool and slice into 9-12 pieces.
- Once the shortbread pieces have cooled then spread ½ a Lemon pot on top of each then top with berries.
- Gently melt the coconut oil and white chocolate, then drizzle over the squares and sprinkle over the freeze-dried raspberries. Serve and enjoy or chill in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Follow The Coconut Collaborative on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for more information and updates about their wonderful coconut products 🙂