This post is dedicated to all the nut butter lovers out there – yes, I am certainly one of them. From cashew to peanut, tiger nut to almond, I can’t get enough of the stuff.
You may have seen me mention Jake’s Boost in a previous post, but let me remind you what these guys are about: They product moreish spreads with the all natural combination of nuts and seeds to create a sugar-free, palm oil-free, salt-free, gluten- and dairy free, vegan product, packed with nutrients, that can be enjoyed by the spoonful and/or in sweet or savoury dishes.
Currently there are three varieties:
- TigerBoost Butter –
New for 2017. Indulgently rich and biscuitey, with cashews, toasted coconut, sunflower seeds and tiger nuts. This Asian inspired spread is perfect on its own but why not stir it into your favorite frozen yoghurt, dollop on your overnight oats or spread it on your bagel for a rich indulgent treat without the guilt…
- CacaoBoost Butter –
Rich & chocolatey, slightly bitter with espresso notes- this is your favourite high quality dark chocolate in a jar without the rubbish. Creamy peanuts, chia and cocoa nibs for crunch. Stir it into smoothies, add it to brownies, muffins and energy balls- or just grab a spoon and tuck in. We won’t judge.
- SuperBoost Butter –
This spread will make your taste buds dance- it’s like no other spread you have ever tasted. 6 nuts & 4 seeds in one jar! Complex flavours with an earthiness from the seeds and extra crunch from roughly chopped premium nuts make Jake’s Boost Superboost a perfect match for smoothies and porridge but also as an ingredient in savoury dishes like a stir-fry and as an accompaniment to cheese. It might even give you superpowers…. Almonds, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Brazils, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds, Walnuts, Linseed, Chia Seeds & Hemps Seeds.
From 5th June 2017, Jake’s Boost are launching a Crowdfunding campaign aiming to grow and expand so that they can help feed more and more children living in food poverty in the UK. The money will be used for a big nut and seed butter order, marketing to increase their number of stockists all over the country, research into biodegradable packaging for their snack pots and if they reach their stretch goal of £25,000, the company will launch a second product line that will support a different cause. As Jake’s Boost grows they want to become a multi-social enterprise: every product line they launch will have its own social mission – read more about it over here.
What’s in it for you? Well, there will be amazing rewards such as product packs, discounts, merchandise, and the recipe e-Book which I’m proud to be part of! All supporters of the campaign have the chance to win a Ninja Kitchen Blender worth £100 too!
So, onto the recipe to celebrate. I combined two of my favourite things – Jake’s Boost nut butter and goodies from The Raw Chocolate Company – to create these easy to make, delicious and decadent summer treats, which are also gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and contain no refined sugar, bonus!
RECIPE: No-Bake Chocolate & Nut Butter Bites
For the base –
- 100g rolled oats (can be gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Jake’s Boost Tiger Boost Nut Butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
For the chocolate topping –
- 2 bananas
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk or cream
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To decorate –
- 24 The Raw Chocolate Company Chocolate-Coated Mulberries
- 4 chunks The Raw Chocolate Company Dark Vanoffee Bar, grated
- First make the base – Mix together the oats and flour in a bowl. Gently melt the nut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup then pour into the dry ingredients to form a flapjack mixture. Divide between 6 silicone muffin cases and use your fingers to press into the base. Chill while you make the topping.
- Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender and whizz up until quite thick and smooth.
- Spoon this on top of the oat base then sprinkle over the mulberries and some grated chocolate on top. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, simply remove from the freezer, pop out the case(s) and enjoy!
Keep any remaining bites in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.