Whether you’re looking for a healthy, tasty snack to pack into lunchboxes or just want a little extra inspiration, these easy, no bake flapjack bites are exactly what you need. You can use whatever dried fruit you want but I went for dried blueberries and these incredible jujube fruit (aka red dates) chopped up. Combined with oats, coconut flour, coconut oil, nut butter and a raw chocolate topping, these little treats are sure to give you an energy boost in the morning or afternoon and satisfy that sweet tooth!
For the flapjack base –
- 150g rolled oats (I used Quaker – can be gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (I used The Coconut Company)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 30g dried blueberries (I used Cherry Active)
- 1 x pack dried jujube fruit, chopped (I used Abakus)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (I used The Coconut Company)
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (I used Pic’s Crunchy peanut butter)
- 4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
For the raw chocolate topping –
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
- Mix together the oats, coconut flour, cinnamon and dried fruits in a bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, nut butter and honey/maple syrup then pour into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Tip the mixture into a lined tray and press down the fingers evenly. Chill in the fridge while you make the raw chocolate topping.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey/maple syrup then whisk in the cacao/cocoa powder until smooth. Pour this over the flapjack to cover then return to the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, place on a chopping board and cut into bites/squares. Now enjoy!
Keep any remaining pieces in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.