If you don’t already, you MUST follow the Clean Supper Club girls on Instagram – especially their Instagram Stories. Beautiful shots and wicked typefaces, I’m a huge fan of how they creatively use the app to showcase their delicious, healthy creations. We’d met briefly at the Northern Blog Awards back in September so it was about time we got together and worked on some recipes together.
Sarah and Claire arrived laden with bags of healthy goodies, wooden planks, gorgeous crockery and camera equipment (plus flowers for me and a present for Tom, so cute!) and we spent 1/2 a day working on some easy, tasty and good for you breakfast creations. Look out for the Smoothie Bowls in the next post too. Enjoy! 🙂
- Each recipe makes one bowl.
- We soaked the oats beforehand: 1/3 fill your bowl with oats, transfer to a saucepan, cover in plant mylk & soak for 30 minutes. Add more mylk or water, as desired, when cooking.
- Cook for around 4-5 minutes for a creamy result!
Chai & Date Porridge
- 1/3 bowl of Mornflake oats (can be gluten-free), cover & soak in Rebel Kitchen Chai mylk (330ml)
- 2 large dates, chopped into porridge whilst cooking
- 1 tsp That Protein ‘I Heart Pumpkin & Chia Seed’ powder (stirred in at the end, after cooking)
Toppings: Chopped bananas, chopped dates, pumpkin seeds, Nature’s Heart cacao nibs, Sweet Freedom Chocolate Shake Caramel drizzle
Berry & Acai Porridge
- 1/3 bowl of Mornflake oats (can be gluten-free), cover & soaked in Almond Breeze Nutri+ Calcium milk
- ½ cup blueberries (stirred into the porridge whilst cooking)
- 1 tsp Indigo Herbs acai powder (stirred in at the end of cooking)
- 1 tsp maca powder (stirred in at the end of cooking)
Toppings: Blueberries, strawberries, Two Birds Berry Blast Seeds Breakfast boost
Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Porridge
- 1/3 bowl of Mornflake oats (can be gluten-free), covered & soaked in Rebel Kitchen Whole mylk
- 1 banana, mashed (stirred through whilst cooking)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Toppings: Spoonful of Hungry Squirrel Crunchy ABC nut butter, Ombar buttons, toasted walnuts, chopped bananas, Nature’s Heart cacao nibs & Sweet Freedom Chocolate Pot dollop
A huge thanks to all the brands mentioned who provided us with goodies to use 🙂