Love is in the air…So treat your Valentine to a dessert they are not going to forget! With a no-bake coffee brownie base topped with a berry coconut cream, topped with a raw chocolate heart and drizzled with white chocolate and freeze-dried raspberries, they almost look too good to eat. A recipe in collaboration with my favourite coffee company Percol, I hope you enjoy making (and eating) these with your loved one <3
For the mocha base –
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (I used CocoFina)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 1 teaspoon Percol Pick Of The Crop Coffee, dissolved in ½ teaspoon hot water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the berry topping –
- 1 x can coconut milk, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 100g fresh or frozen berries
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate hearts –
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder (I used Bioglan)
To decorate –
- 30g white chocolate (can be dairy-free/vegan/no refined sugar), broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Freeze-dried raspberries
- Raspberry powder (I used Indigo Herbs)
- First make the base: Gently melt the coconut oil and maple syrup then stir in the desiccated coconut, dissolved coffee and vanilla. Mix until fully combined.
- Press the mixture between 6 muffin hole tins (silicone is ideal as it’s easier to pop them out!) – fill about ⅓ of each and use a spoon to press down. Place in the fridge.
- Next scrape the solid coconut cream part from the can and place in a blender (I use my Ninja Kitchen Auto IQ) with the other topping ingredients and whizz up until thick and smooth.
- Pour this over each base to fill the top. Now put in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile make the chocolate hearts: You need a small heart ice cube tray/silicone molds. Melt the coconut oil, whisk in the maple syrup then the cacao/powder until smooth. Fill as many molds as the mixture will fill then chill for at least 2 hours to set.
- When ready to serve, pop the berry cups out of the freezer 15 minutes beforehand. Gently melt the coconut oil and white chocolate and drizzle over each then pop a chocolate heart in the middle. Sprinkle over freeze-dried raspberries and raspberry powder for the finishing touch and enjoy!
Check out my other recipes working with Percol Coffee over here 🙂